Michael vom Baur has been in many function involved in the development of corporate strategies and has supervised their implementation.
- Development and implementation of a diversification strategy for a shipyard
- Development and implementation of a strategy for a technology based Start-up-Engineering Company (E+C)
- Strategic re-positioning of the business area „Merchant Vessels“ in Europe’s largest shipbuilding group (Aker Yards), with extensive consequences (implementation of a intermediate holding, acquisition of new external shareholders, finally transfer of the business area into a new group of companies)
- Strategic re-positioning of a medium sized marine supplier, incl. merger of related business areas in different associated companies, introduction of new products, implementation of an umbrella brand)
- Strategic consulting and supervision as Mentor of Start-up-companies (subjects e.g. online-trading, measurement technology, refrigeration technology)
- Definition of strategy in the role of the supervisory council (Sohnix AG, Lambrechtshagen / GER), IT->Sector